Monday, April 21, 2008

My Guitar Gently Weeps

Yup, I have decided to start playing the guitar again. For the last week or so I have started from scratch and have begun my journey anew down the path of musical enlightenment. I really have been annoying Dee with lots of music theory questions that she just does not remember the answers to. (Or so she says...)

I have pulled out the two guitars we possess that have been stored away in a closet since Josh left for the Marines several years ago. (By the way, Josh called and let us know he has bought a banjo. I guess he has gotten the music bug as well.) He called and told me to learn "Dueling Banjo's" so we could sit on the porch and scare the neighbors.

Well my fingers are sore and the cats are no where to be seen. They are either afraid of the guitar or the way I play it.

Guess I am probably going to add a music links section soon. Still going through web sites looking at the different ones with free lessons, tab and other such stuff.

Quote of the Day
It's been through three wives. To me a guitar is kind of like a woman. You don't know why you like 'em but you do.
Waylon Jennings on his Telecaster

No comments: