Saturday, March 8, 2008

Fitness Post for the Week



Exercise Ball - My new found exercise is just using one of those big ol 15 dollar exercise balls as a chair. (You can use as a chair for your computer or drag ((or bounce)) it into the living room and sit on it while you watch TV.)

Sitting on an exercise ball, your body is constantly making small adjustments with the postural muscles, abdominals, gluteals and leg muscles. It is "active sitting" rather than the slumping and poor posture we develop even in ergonomic desk chairs. I had found a site where the guy said to just sit on one and bounce up and down while sitting for a really good Ab workout.

If you look around the Internet you can find about 100 exercises to do on one of these balls.There are quite a few to do while just sitting. All I can really say is, anytime I am working out some part of my body and I don't have to work at it very hard, I'm happy.

Made another minor goal this week as well. I ran 5 miles in under 1 hr. (Actually was 5.1 miles in 60 Min's this morning) My workout everyday consists of me running and walking for an hour. Guess it just made me feel good to achieve another fitness goal I had set. Dee achieved another of her weight loss goals this week as well. I would tell you her weight , but under penalty of a horribly violent image of my own demise, I hold my tongue on this number.

Quote of the Day
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.
---Eric Hoffer

1 comment:

NINANINA said...

active sitting is so hard.. I tend to s l o u c h!!!!
and what does a whiporwill LOOK LIKE ? :)