Thursday, March 13, 2008

Running

I placed a link over on the exercise links today for Map My Run.
Think of this as Google earth for runners. You can zoom in to any place and map out a route. It will tell you the mileage. It also saves your route for others to use who look on the site. If your looking for a new route to run, you look around your area at all the routes your neighbors have saved with comments and such telling you the + and -'s of each.

I have gotten back into really running some miles the last week or so to get ready for the Ponce Inlet 5k coming up. (That's the Ponce Inlet lighthouse in the ad for the race.) This morning I just set out to see how fast I could run a mile.
8min 43sec
I did put in another 3 miles after my mile sprint.



I have been doing a lot of reading on leg problems, seeing as I seem to have something ache like crazy every other week or so. After all my reading and searching for the answer to my problems Dee says "You don't stretch enough." What does she know, it's not like she went to some orthopedic medical school. I finally find the problems I have been experiencing and they go on to explain to me in great detail how "I need to stretch more." Damn

My running lately just seems to be getting harder to do unless I have a few goals to beat.

Tomorrow I will see how fast I can run 2 mi. and then see about beating both of those times over the next 3 weeks till the race.

Quote of the Day
Women and cats do as they damned well please, and men and dogs had best learn to live with it.
---Alan Holbrook

No comments: