Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Just a song I happen to like this week

Jinelle found this for me after we heard it on the radio. Finally found
a version that allowed embedding. Although this is an edited version.

Seether - Fake It


I'm reading a post on some blog tonight and this girl is going on about technology. The evils of microwaves and how nobody has time to really cook anymore. How everyone sits around like couch potato's watching television and just ranting in general about our every day advancements.

The microwave and television points of her argument really just kind of annoyed me. For one, I think anybody who knows how to cook, can come up with some really nice meals in about the same time someone who has no skill at all can cook a microwave dinner. Give me a flame and a frying pan and you would be amazed at what I can make in 5 Min's. Give me 5 Min's to prep something and an oven, let me sit on my butt and watch TV for the next 55Min's and I can also make some really nice things.

I guess I just have to believe that people who use a microwave for all their meals do so less because its faster and more because they have no will to learn to cook. One of the best quotes I had heard lately was "Your going to eat for the rest of your life, learn to cook so you can at least eat well." The same gentleman also said "Not knowing how to cook, is like not knowing how to Fu*k." That quote also made me smile because I plan on doing that for the rest of my life as well.

Her arguments about television just made me think that 100 years ago people passed their time reading and writing letters, then television and phones came along and they passed their time watching and listening. Now the Internet and Blogs have come along and we are all passing our time reading and writing again, imagine that.

No comments: