Sunday, March 30, 2008

Preparations

Only 3 days until the next 5K down in Ponce Inlet. Dee has really been working out and I do believe she will beat her last time handily. I ran a 5k this morning to see how I was doing with that distance seeing as I have really cut back on my running the last few weeks due to a few injuries. I beat my best time by 20 seconds and nothing was hurting when I finished. OK, I'm stunned.

On another note, I sat and watched "The Last Waltz" last night with Jinelle. I honestly have to say It has probably been 25-30 years since I have seen that movie and its one pretty amazing concert. For those who have never seen the movie, it is the farewell concert of "The Band" back in 1976, filmed by Martin Scorsese.


Not only was "The Band" some of the best musicians of the day, they had on stage in this farewell concert, Eric Clapton, Muddy Waters, Van Morrison, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Neil Diamond, Joni Mitchell, Ron Wood, Ringo Starr and others. It was kind of amazing that these guys toured for 16 years. No matter what kind of music you like, you will find at least one song in this concert that will be to your taste.

One of my favorite songs from the movie. The Band and Neil Young "Helpless"


Quote of the Day
Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
---Robert Fripp

No comments: