Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bikeweek 2008 (Wed) -2 days

The 67th Bikeweek is almost upon us here in the Daytona Beach area.
Starting friday, 500,000 bikers will decend upon Daytona and the surrounding communities for 10 days. I do believe that almost all the bars in the area receive their permits to operate 24 hours a day for this event. It is really kind of like Las Vegas in that way, people are out and about 24 hours a day during bikeweek.

This is my first year since I have lived here that I am not working during this event. I arrived in Florida back in 1992. For the last 10 years I have always worked some crazy hours during Bikeweek. Since I will not be working during Bikeweek, I do believe I will be partaking in it this year. Hopefully I will have some pictures and tales to tell over the next week as well.

Since there are 2 days till the events start I will post some lists of the activities that will be going on during this years event over the next few days.

Wrestling - Who does not like wrestling I ask. Especially when it is scantily clad women. But there are quite a few different forms taking place here this year. OK, every year.

PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING - BLACK HILLS SALOON - SAT. 3/8 @ 3 PM
(Ok, I really dont know what professional wrestling is.)

HOT FEMALE OIL WRESTLING - TRADER JACKS ROADSIDE - SAT. 3/8 @ 1:30PM
OIL WRESTLING W/THE OIL MANIA GIRLS - 3 SHOWS - ARTS PLACE - FRIDAY 3/7 @ 7PM - CLOSE
OIL WRESTLING W/ OIL MANIA GIRLS - 3 SHOWS - ARTS PLACE - WEDNESDAY 3/5 @ 2PM - 8PM
OIL WRESTLING - WHITE EAGLE LOUNGE - 3PM -7PM ON THUR. 3/6 , FRI. 3/7
BABY OIL WRESTLING W/ THE OIL MANIA GIRLS - COMFORT ZONE BAR & GRILL - FRI. 2/29 2 SHOWS
(I do know what oil wrestling is though)

JELLO WRESTLING - BLACK HILLS SALOON - THUR. 3/6 @ 3 PM
WHIP CREAM WRESTLING - GHOSTRIDERS SALOON
(This I am guessing is the wrestling with a little more taste...err tastier?)

CREAM STYLE CORN WRESTLING -LAST RESORT- THURSDAY 3/6
(Sure the bar 5 Min from my house has to have women wrestling in a food I really dont like. I guess its like cooking with wine, you always cook with something you would drink.)

COLESLAW WRESTLING - CABBAGE PATCH - WEDNESDAY 3/5 NOON
(This is the elite wrestling event of the week when it comes to crazy bikeweek events.
The motto of the Cabbage Patch- Yes, women wrestle each other in a mass of cole slaw. We have done for cole slaw what the moon did for rocks.
I kid you not, it's on thier website. )

Quote of the Day
Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily this is not difficult.
---Charlotte Whitton

No comments: